Thursday, April 12, 2012

My brother

See? I'm back! Totally!

...sorta.

The school year is starting to wind down, and my sleep schedule should be returning to semi-normal in a month or two. As such, I will once again need an outlet for writing stuff (as well as something to throw on a resume eventually, pending some potential deleting of some of the posts on here) and will be restarting the blog in earnest.

Obviously, there is a lot to update everyone on in my life (being editor-in-chief, graduating, jobs, maybe living in South Korea for a year, you know, no big). But a couple of weeks ago, something took a little extra precedence - my brother, Ryan, committed suicide.

It's been an up-and-down last couple of weeks, but I and my family are generally doing okay. I'm sure I'll write more about it on here, but I figured for starters I would just post the column I wrote this week on my newspaper for you all to read. Many of my followers on this blog know an embarrassing amount of personal information about me, and I weirdly thought many of you almost deserved to read it. I'm actually immensely proud of it (which is probably another reason I'm posting it), and I hope that some of you or some people you know can get something from it.

More to come soon, promise.

http://www.loyolaphoenix.com/editor-in-chief-reflects-on-suicide-of-brother-fellow-student

4 comments:

Pat Tillett said...

Geez! Where the hell are you? Have you given up here? Even if you have, how are you doing? What are you doing?

soft nonsense said...

It's funny you ask, as I shall soon be back with a vengeance.

Eleni said...

Wow. I was just thinking, "Oh, I should check Soft Nonsense, it's been several months, I wonder if he's ever going to post anything again." And this.

I'm so sorry about your brother. I just can't imagine. The article you wrote is beautiful, though--heartfelt, true, poignant.

I look forward to more, hopefully happier, posts in the near future.

Pat Tillett said...

I was just looking around my blog dashboard and saw your blog name. I was just going to stop by and say hello and ask how you were doing. I totally didn't read this post and just commented. Now I feel like an ass. I'm so sorry for what you and your family must have gone through and is probably still going through. I hope you all are doing okay.

Post a Comment