Sunday, May 1, 2011

OBL Made A Huge Mistake

Though this was hardly the post that I was planning on happening next, I felt like the opportunity was just too good.

As I'm sure you all will have heard by the time I get this post up, Osama Bin Laden was found, killed, and taken into custody.* Needless to say, it's an important milestone for the country. It's a psychological victory for the U.S. and all those who lost someone on 9/11, and a psychological loss to Al Qaeda et al.

*Yes, in that order. Let it never be said that America doesn't know how to arrest an international terrorist.

He was the most hated and most wanted man in the United States, and in much of the world. He evaded capture for more than 10 years, and likely traveled across multiple countries to do so. His alleged presence in a country alone could cause international incident.



As I sat watching CNN like so many other Americans, it struck me.

Fact 1: Osama Bin Laden has avoided capture for 10 years, and traveled to a number of other countries.
Fact 2: He was found in a mansion outside of Islamabad, the capitol of Pakistan.
Fact 3: The Arrested Development movie is going through extensive re-writes.

If Osama Bin Laden hasn't been bopping between Bluthe family mansions across the Middle East and South Asia for the last decade, I'll say ol' Mitch Hurwitz has severely missed out on one hell of a joke.



God Bless America.

6 comments:

Stanislav said...

Trouble is, by pointing this out you have killed the joke.

Shannon said...

Whenever I play hide and seek, I get nervous and almost pee my pants.

Glad he's dead. Nuff said.

Tabs A. Geek said...

@Stanislav - Not really, since some people may not have had any idea what the joke was (I didn't).

Roxanne and Lorraine said...

Tabs, just laugh and nod your head... I AM! :)

Eleni said...

Hahaha. I love Arrested Development! Who knows, could have been a Bluthe house...

Penny Lane said...

Arrested Development is my favorite show.

Joke: What are the worst four words someone can say to you.

Osama has seven horcruxes...


I sure hope you read harry Potter, or that won't be funny.

Post a Comment