Monday, August 2, 2010

Who Got Hand-Selected to DJ At Lollapalooza?



THIS GUUUUYYYYYY.

I was thinking of all sorts of awesome and hilarious ways to break the news...keep you on the edge of your seats, anticipating what news I could possibly be about to break....

But then I said fuck it, and wanted to get straight to to the celebration:



My radio station got an award from Toyota for being awesome in the ways of community radio, including 10 large ones, our own stage to book artists to play acoustic sets, and twelve DJs get to play live on the stage, interview bands, and the like.

Ad, oh wait, did I mention that you are familiar with one of said lucky few? One of the 12 people who were specially selected by our station manager to do all these awesome things and represent WLUW to thousands of people?

Cuz it's...



THIS GUUUUYYYYYYYYYY.

If you're planning on going, be sure to check out the WLUW Stage (brought to you by the fine folks at Toyota), particularly 11am-3pm, then stop by to solve the soft nonsense identity mystery.

So I got that goin' for me.

------

Two quick bits of nerdy nonsense:

For all you Twatters out there, a new trending topic that my lovely nerd blog army might enjoy taking advantage of. In the spirit of the "Wiki Leaks" fiasco a week or two ago in which over 90,000 documents were released that revealed all sorts of terrible (and alleged) things about the war in Afghanistan. As anything serious in this world should be treated, nerds united to make a mockery of it. #wookieleaks was born, in which fake Tweets regarding leaked secrets from the Empire from Star Wars. Some favorites include "Han did not shoot first, Massive Imperial coverup revealed." and "Imperial-targeted 'insurgents' on Endor actually adorable Ewoks."

Second, there's this:



------

And now, for the first time in quite awhile, a good old-fashioned Nostalgia Music Monday. A song that I can finally play now that I'm single, something that was ALL the rage way back in 4th grade (sorry older readers if that dates you horribly):



(Now 4 was a damn fine album.)

3 comments:

Hey! Look Behind You! said...

That's effin' awesome! Congrats!!!!

Eleni said...

Wow. That is the most amazing Poke-rap ever. I'm sitting here in my office and I just had to bury my face in my hands to keep from bursting out laughing. Hilarious. I am just in awe.

Congrats on the DJ thing! Sounds very cool. Hope it all goes well.

Nidorino.

soft nonsense said...

Hey! - Whyyy thanks!

Eleni - It didn't fit with the rest of the post, but I couldn't NOT post its awesomeness. ~Charmander

Post a Comment