Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Belated Memorial Day/SP Shiz

Here I was, minding my own business, writing a serious blog post (for once - should be up sometime tomorrow), when I was struck by something unbelievably awesome.

What could be so awesome that it made me stop what I was writing, you ask?

Why, none other than a NEW FUCKING SCOTT PILGRIM TRAILER.

(You didn't think that all this was over until August, did you?)



Um. Fuck yes.

Comic book and video game references? Check.
Badass fights? Indeed.
Michael Cera still being a little too wimpy for Scott Pilgrim? Double check.

------

I took a bit of a break whilst home from blogging, but I had a little somethin' somethin' for Memorial Day that I tried (in vain) to post earlier today.

While this is a little late, I'd like to thank all those vets out there, alive or passed, who have fought and died for the freedoms we as Americans enjoy, like the ability to vote, or say whatever we want about our government, or enjoy the spoils of a free market. A free market that brings us some of the best quality of goods available.

...like these chips...



Here's a closer look, in case the gravity (and glory) of the situation didn't quite hit you the first time.



Mother trucking. Hot dog chips.

So, not only did someone in the fine company of Shearer's potato chips decide it would be a good idea to mix this:



With this:



In some bizarre, likely booze-driven brainstorm*...

*HEY, you know what people like? HOT DOGS. You know what else they like? POTATO CHIPS, MUTHAFUCKAH. TWO AND TWO MAKES FOUR, AND WE'RE MAKING THIS SHIT NOW.

...but my parents decided it would be a good idea to buy them for my brother's graduation.

And by God, they were delicious.

God bless America.

12 comments:

Shannon said...

THOSE CHIPS ARE AWESOME. If you mix those chips with salt & vinegar chips, ketchup flavored chips and pickled flavored chips, you'll be rocking one bad ass hot dog.

The Illustrious D said...

Those sound recockulous. And Shannon, I like the way you think.

Pat Tillett said...

Wow! I'm gonna go looking for these things. It seems like it would suck, but I'd eat them for sure

Eleni said...

I'm trying to imagine what hot dog-flavored potato chips would taste like... But potato chips are one of my favorite things, so I'd probably like them. Another one of my favorite things is chili dogs (which may or may not be related to my childhood love of Sonic the Hedgehog). Combine hot dog-flavored potato chips with chili-flavored potato chips, and I'm sold! Man, I'm getting hungry thinking about it.

Amber said...

I wish someone would combine my two favorite foods and invent burrito flavored Cheetos.

And how awesome is that trailer? I wonder if that Plumtree t-shirt will be available once the movie is released.

soft nonsense said...

Ooo, lots to respond to...

@Shannon - I'm unbelievably amazed, yet somehow not surprised, that someone else had had these before.

@ID - They were a full 12 inches of ricockulousness.

@Pat - That's pretty much what my entire family said.

@Eleni - Kind of like mustard. And I'm going to hit up a Sonic sometime in the near future ,and you may or may not have just convinced me to grab me some chili cheese conie-age...

@Amber - A super A+++++ amount of awesome. And I hope to all that is good in the world that it is. I'm also crazy excited for the soundtrack.

Holly said...

Hot Dog flavored chips.......I have no words. When I lived in scotland they had prawn flavored chips. I always avoided those. And now they just remind me of District 9.

Sadako said...

Hot dog chips? I'm scared. And intrigued. Kind of like how I was at the Japanese convenience store when I saw what looked like chocolate hamburgers.

Amber said...

Have you seen this?

http://tinyurl.com/28fpq66

Pat Tillett said...

So today I was the grocery store and what did I see?

Cheeseburger flavored Doritos...I didn't buy them because I'm a on stupid "medical" diet for 3 weeks, but I'm gonna get 'em when it's over for sure.

Living Shallow, Living Well said...

I love hot dogs. They are a glory all on their own, even without the condiments.

soft nonsense said...

@Holly - That sounds....um...yeah.

@Sadako - And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why Japan is the best.

@Amber - NOW I HAVE FUCK YES.

@Pat - And you'll have to report back.

@LSLW - Truuuuuue story.

Post a Comment