Monday, April 19, 2010

Two Score and Ten Posts Ago....pt. 1 (VOTE!)

Well everybody, I've hit the half-century mark. The big Five Oh. That's right, I've been around for 50 posts across these three-ish months. I've touched on everything from zombies to comic books to Pat Robertson to Man Top Fives to awkward tampon runs. I've waxed poetic and nostalgic and pretty much any other topic that can be waxed (albeit not yet cars, candles, or bikini lines - none of which I will ever claim to be an expert on). I've followed nearly 40 blogs and had 20-some people follow mine (without losing any! - ....yet...).

And as I was trying to think what I could do to commemorate the occasion, all I really knew was that I wanted to avoid more sappy $hit, which I've done too much of lately. On the other hand, I wanted to do something somewhat noteworthy (aside from this week's NMM), and tossed around a few ideas. Being the gracious and glorious leader that I am, I decided that I'd put it to a vote!*

*Has nothing to do with the fact that I couldn't decide. Nnnnnooope. None at all.

So here are the choices:

1) Childhood pictures of myself, with (likely) glorious commentary
2) A "best of" post
3) soft nonsense facts (50?)
4) Favorite YouTube videos of all time
5) Reader Write-Ins (think Miss Manners, Savage Love, and Ask Ashley all rolled into one)
6) Other (some badass suggestion)

I won't create a poll, as waiting a week for the votes to come in might be a bit retroactive in a commemorative post, but comment away, I'll tally the votes/best arguments, and roll from there.

------

Tune in tomorrow/this week for pretty much the most heartbreaking story of all time. And no, it has nothing to do with the Double Down.

-----

Finally, NOSTALGIC MUSIC MONDAY!!!!!

This week's is a submission by another lovely reader, Kate. An old favorite, and truly the first rap song that I ever knew the lyrics to. Mostly due to its high degree of high frequency of repitition and gutteral sounds, such as "uh" and "yeah" and "huh." But still, an accomplishment.



Also, this movie gave me a sneak preview to my boyhood/teenage/early twenties crush on Salma Hayek. Mmmm mmmm.

9 comments:

The Illustrious D said...

1 or 3.

Challenge: 50 facts about SN without mentioning Scott Pilgrim.

Aaaaaaand go.

soft nonsense said...

....fffffffffuck....

Pat Tillett said...

Second, how about numbers 1 and 3...
What the hell was I going to say first?
crap...

Amber said...

My first choice would be number 1 (for some reason I feel a little creepy for voting for that one) and my second choice = 3.

Sid Z. said...

childhood pics, of course. because i know how cute you were and now it's time for the world to see! :)

Jordan said...

I vote childhood pics!

Charley Quinn said...

lol i was going with #1 too, and felt weird saying it, but i see that every person to this pt feels the same way.

and what the hell, lemme get on the bandwagon and say #3 too.

Sadako said...

Oh yeah. Wild Wild West takes me back, as does pretty much any Will Smith song.

soft nonsense said...

Wow, this is the first time I've ever been backlogged on returning comments. Usually my own comments take up just under half of all left on the page, so this is a surprising turn-around. Let me see if I can cover it:

@Sadako - Will Smith was pretty much the original gangsta in my life. Thanks for stopping by!

@Everyone else - Creeps.

Post a Comment