Thursday, April 29, 2010

National BA Day

I had to fill in for someone at the station today despite a fifth straight night of 3-4 hours of sleep. I knew I wouldn't have the energy to blab too much on air, and had recently gotten the "Cage the Elephant" CD, so I decided that I'd go with a theme:

May I present to you, the new holiday of holidays:

National Bad Ass Day.

Today is dedicated not only to any and all true, always BAMFy people out there, but also the hard-core SOB that lies within each of us.* I decided to create a playlist of songs that one can get out, listen to, and put a little swagger in your hardass self for a day. So if you're interested, I linked the songs on the playlist that have that special "in-your-face, I'm going to kick your ass because I fucking feel like it" quality so you, my lovely (obviously BAMFy) readers, can give them an electronic spin.

*Some of us lie deeper than others.

The White Stripes - Icky Thump
Them Crooked Vultures - New Fang
Against Me - Thrash Unreal
The Dandy Warhols - Bohemian Like You
The Asteroids Galaxy Tour - Around the Bend
The Clash - Rudie Can't Fail
Cage the Elephant - Ain't No Rest For The Wicked
The Heavy - How You Like Me Now?
BOAT - Lately (I've Been On My Back)
Modest Mouse - Dashboard
MGMT - Song for Dan Treacy
The Apples In Stereo - Dream About The Future
Johnny Cash - Ain't No Grave
Dr. Dog - Stranger


------

Unfortunately, most of my posts for the next 4-5 days are going to be either nonexistant or short and sweet. I have 2 papers to do for tomorrow, 2 meetings during the course of the day today, then a 10-12 page paper and a final to get ready for on Monday. All that on roughly a week of being sick and lack of sleep.

College is the best.

------

***EDIT***

I was thinking about making this it's own separate post, but I decided to throw down my BAMFery right here.

17 pages
13.5 hours
$1.19 in printing fees
45 minute embarrassing nap in the middle of the library

2 mutha fuckin essays:





Now, off to get my well-deserved 3.5 hours of sleep. And good news for y'all coming soon.

7 comments:

The Illustrious D said...

-This is not the childhood pics post we were promised!

-Yeah!

-He's right! It's totally not!

-What the eff?!

-GARBLE!!!!

-I am Sparticus!

-I AM Sparticus!

-I am SparTIcus!

Now look what you did. Bad softy, causin' reader riots.

Sadako said...

I like BA Day. I'm adding it to the list of fictional holidays I plan to celebrate this year. I also want to make Ursine Appreciation Day a holiday, because really, who doesn't love bears?

soft nonsense said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
soft nonsense said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
soft nonsense said...

@D - I'd give you my mother's e-mail address so that you could pester her about giving me the pictures I'd need to create such a beast, but she's not a fan of super-long e-mails such as the one you would likely send ;)

@Sadako - Stephen Colbert, that's who.

Also: Epic fail on the previous two comments.

Amber said...

I really like that "Around the Bend" song. When I listen to it, I feel like I'm on an MTV reality show.

Good luck with your papers. I believe in you.

soft nonsense said...

My favorite part is probably when the guy apparently vomits pure light. Those Danes know how to BAMF it up.

Also aw, how sweet :)

Post a Comment