Monday, March 8, 2010

ZOMG LOOK WHO IT IS

Well I was going to make this some Hawaii-themed (likely braggy) post about how warm it is, how many whales I've seen, how much time in the sun I spent, the chickens I've seen (tomorrow?).

But I digress.

One of my favorite things to do whilst in this Island Paradise is people watch. Whether it's the little kids zooming around the beach and making sand castles*, old men without shirts on that look like their wearing a sweater vest over a brown leather shirt, disgustingly cute newlyweds, or middle aged couples jogging together while just taking a break from it all, I love sitting by the beach and just gazing at my fellow man just as much as I like watching the big blue ocean.

*I use the term castles loosely. As adorable as they were, they were almost exclusively sand heaps, piles, or clumps. Rarely castles. I might be being a little harsh, but when I was their age, I made some pretty bitchin' castles.

So as my family sat down at a fairly nice restaurant, I do a bit of gazing, as per usual. Fairly standard fair (big family that seemed like it should be in a magazine, few older folks, and super tan waiters and waitresses) and no one really caught my attention until my eyes wandered upon a guy who I swore I recognized. I wondered if I had recognized him from a plane ride or even a past Hawaiian experience. But then it clicked.

I was looking upon a Hollywood.

I stealthily sneaked glances across him and his lady friend via faux-stretches, pretend zoning outs, and looks when I could tell he was distracted, but no matter how much I creeped him, I couldn't come up with his name. I became desperate. I had to know. Had to confirm that the joy in my stomach of spotting someone who I knew was justified. So I did the unthinkable.

Calmly and slowly...





I asked my family to help me creep him*.

*Like I was going to go up to him and ask. Psh. I have a sense of honour (double so, as I spelled that word with a 'u'). That, and I have a history of running away from celebrities, like Jim Carry and almost Whoopi Goldberg. But that's a story for another day.

Eventually, through equally as stealthy glances (it's genetic, I think), we all agreed: I should creep further and take a picture. So I lined up a picture of my brother, zoomed uncomfortably into his face, then quickly moved my wrist to the left and took a series of pictures that would make LA Paparazzi swoon. After we all passed around the camera (like ninjas, of course), we all agreed. I Wikipedia-d him once we got back to confirm. Our celebrity:

I should have known from the yellow skin...

Well sort of. Really, it was Hank Azaria, who does a slew of voices for the Simpsons (Moe, Apu, Comic Book Guy, Professor Frink, Chief Wiggum, and a bazillion more) and a few other things. Here are the pics:

Behold the brosef.





Mmm, behold the blurrness.

Here's a REAL, non-shit-tastic picture of the man...



Oh, and if you were wondering...

Yes, he totally noticed me creeping on him. Apologies Hank.

1 comments:

Sid Z. said...

haha nice! did you use the powershot? i'm so proud. :)

Post a Comment