Monday, March 1, 2010

Scott Pilgrim News!




I'm not going to lie, it made me very happy to finally be able to use the "Scott Pilgrim Nonsense" tag again for this post for many reasons. In part because it meant I had SP news, which is always exciting. Also, I felt lame having such a narrow-scoped label on my blog. But this post says IN YOUR FACE, SELF DOUBTS!

Anywho. As you know, I'm unbelievably super duper excited for Edgar Wright's (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy) take on my favorite comic book character, Scott Pilgrim (for those of you who DON'T know, just give a click to that link).

Obviously, as much of the plot centers around music (Scott and his friends have a band, his ex-girlfriend has a band, etc. etc), there had better be some kick-ass music to go along with it. Beck (*fangirl squee*) has already signed on for writing the music for Sex Bob-omb (Scott's band), Broken Social Scene will add a couple tracks for Crash & The Boys (a rival band), and Japanese pop star Cornelius for one of Romona's evil ex's (zomg crazy Japanese music from the future).

BUT the news here is that the first track from the movie/soundtrack has been confirmed/released. In his Twitter, Wright confirmed that Metric will play a song called "Black Sheep" for Scott's ex's band, The Clash at Demonhead. If you're interested, go to their page on Facebook, become a fan, and enjoy. I think it fits perfectly, and will be drooling in anticipation of the next shred of info released....

0 comments:

Post a Comment