Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Radio Tuesday and My General (Albeit Temporary) Melancholy

Well I don't really have anything for you today. I could regale you with the boring story of me missing all of my classes Monday due to a cancelled flight*, leaving me stranded in Kansas City. But that one sentence pretty much sums it up. I'm feeling completely uninspired today, hopefully mostly due to the extreme jet lag and the fact that I was up at 6:30 to embarrass myself in front of the (six to ten) people who listen to my show. Here's the (very meh) playlist for today:

Think About Life - Set You On Fire
Passion Pit - Manners
Scissor Sisters - Better Luck
The Injured Parties - On Her Way to Become Something Else
The Len Price 3 - Mr. Grey
BOAT - The Name Tossers
The Natural History - Telling Lies Will Get You Nowhere
The Apples in Stereo - Same Old Drag
Frightened Rabbit - Swim Until You Can't See Land
The Do - Stay (Just a Little Bit More)
FOX Japan - Bachelorette
Fruit Bats - Legs of Bees
Phantogram - Mouthful of Diamonds
A.C. Newman - The Changeling (Get Guilty
Reigning Sound - Call Me


*Okay, there was one funny bit. Once everyone was boarded, the pilot came on to say they were "Experiencing some technical difficulties," as if we were sitting in a high school auditorium waiting for 'Grease' to start**. So we wait for 20 minutes or so, then they came on to say that something on the plane was straight up broken, and that they would "try to find us a new plane." Now I might be taking this a little too literally, but I'm pretty sure they don't just have a parking lot full of extra planes, just in case***. Don't try to give us false hope, American Airlines. Just tell it to us straight.

**I totally love Grease by the way.




***Man, I AM feeling that jet lag. Hooray for snarkiness!****

****There are entirely too many asterisks on this post.


To counteract the negative energy in this post (not to mention its general unproductiveness) here's a Youtube video of an adorable baby who, while listening to music that I don't especially like, gets, well, into it. Righteous.



New weekly blog piece coming soon? Be excited.

2 comments:

Pat Tillett said...

I'd say the kid is gonna spend a lot of time in mosh pits...
good post!

soft nonsense said...

Future metalhead of America!

And you are too kind. No really, probably entirely too kind. But appreciated!

Post a Comment