Monday, March 29, 2010

New Weekly Blog Feature!

So this next week is going to be hell for me. For example, I have a 7-8 page paper due Wednesday (that I thought was due Friday) over two books that I haven't read yet.

So I've got that to look forward to.

So this week may be a little sparse on the blog posts, but I'm proud to announce a new weekly segment (in part because the other weekly segment, Radio Nonsense/As Heard on the Radio isn't all that fun and in part because I am always searching for weekly filler just in case) that I hope you'll enjoy:

NOSTALGIC MUSIC MONDAYS!

I'm a big nerd when it comes to music from my early(/ier) years, and have plenty of songs at my disposal, from TV show theme songs to late 90's pop to middle school ballads. Admittedly, I'll need plenty of help, as my favorite song was "River of Dreams" off of Billy Joel's 1993 album until, oh, 1999. So feel free to post comments with suggestions, requests, etc. As long as its nostalgic to you, I'll consider it regardless of genre, decade (looking at you, Pat Tillett), or quality (heck, who am I kidding - if it isn't at least borderline bad/embarassing, can it really be nostalgic?).

So here, for my first submission for Nostalgic Music Mondays, is Hey Sandy by Polaris. Yes, the Pete and Pete theme song. Which I might play tomorrow during the THREE HOURS THAT I'M ON AIR (blech - 8-9 am, then 12-2 pm). Be sure to listen in!*



*Hooray shameless plugs.

Enjoy!

6 comments:

Pat Tillett said...

Hey, try this one on for size!

"Can't Find My Way Home" by Blind Faith
released in 1969

Eric Clapton
Steve Winwood
Ginger Baker
Ric Grech

mattkendrick.com said...

Man I was just thinking about Pete and Pete the other day. Takes me back! You should post this in the 90's kids group on 20SB! - Matt

soft nonsense said...

@Pat - Love that song.

@Matt - Boom. I do believe that's the definition of nostalgia! And didn't know there was such a thing....

Katie said...

I love that song, and that show! Ah, the good old days...

Carly Anne said...

This pulls my heart strings hard.

soft nonsense said...

Right??

Whenever I hear this song, I still picture people like Artie, THE STRONGEST MAAAN!


.....IN THE WOOOOOORLD!

Unfortunately, I haven't seen this show in...a decade? (Christ that makes me feel old...) but I know a guy who has both seasons on DVD....

Post a Comment