Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Future!

Okay, once again, haven't posted in awhile, and I WILL remedy that sooner rather than later. Production for the school newspaper just started up right around the same time school did, so I've been a little preoccupied. However, I should have a solid week of posts coming up, so stay tuned.

Until then, I do, however, have a piece of awesome news to present to you, my adoring public.

Now, I'm one of those people who refuses to acknowledge the future is here until a certain set list of demands/criteria is met.

1) Robot servants (though Japan seems to be rather creepily working on that, more on that in a later post).

2) Gigantic, super badass intergalactic space fleet (or at least the possibility of personal space travel for individuals).

3) Finally, and most importantly, personal jet packs.

Every little kid dreams of being able to fly like a superhero etc. And ever since I saw the Rocketeer battle Nazis in the 1991 movie, I had wanted to do so in a jet pack.



And here we are, a full decade into the new millenium, and no jet packs. There have been a few prototypes out there that now work, including a guy who jet packed across the English Channel. But none of that matters, because I don't have one.

However, we have a bit of hope thanks to our lovely, tax-funded National Aeronautics and Space Agency. Behold, the glory of "The Puffin."



According to an article on wired.com, the pilot of the aircraft can cruise at 140 mph, or can use a special "boost" button and reach up to 300. THREE HUNDRED. It takes off much like a V-22 Osprey (video is in the link), and probably can fire sweet ass missiles or lasers or some shit.

Or it will as soon as I get to own it. Which I shall.

0 comments:

Post a Comment